Saturday, March 18, 2017

*Excuses

There are many mornings when my Fitbit alarm vibrates endlessly and I sleepily turn it off....and do it 3 more times. Yes...I have multiple alarms. I might need to add a 4th actually. Do you ever just "talk" yourself out of doing what you really want to do? It is just like there is another person inside of you that is the rebellious one that continually talks you into making bad decisions! I have for years blamed it on my "Fat Cells". I would say that my fat cells are in cahoots with sabotaging me and they just do NOT want to leave my body! So they wreck my diet and my exercise plans so they can stay on my hips and thighs! Let me tell you...my Fat Cells are strong! haha

In reality and if I am going to be honest...I just really do NOT want to get up early and exercise. It just sounds like a lot of work and it definitely doesn't sound fun. When I have thoughts about exercising it is generally when I am eating something bad and I make a decision to 'start tomorrow'. Can I get a witness from somebody??? I tell myself "tomorrow" or "Monday"...that sounds like a great starting day BUT something always happens and my schedule and life gets in the way. Yes I have great excuses; in fact if I wrote a book on really good excuses...it would be a BEST SELLERS! I have came up with some doozies!

Now what I do know is the truth to all of this and I even know how to get myself in shape. I have a church full of fitness fanatics so knowledge is just a phone call away! Unfortunately the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Heard that one before? This kind of mindset translates over from the physical to your spiritual life. I have noticed that when I make excuses for doing anything that calls me out of my comfort zone in the natural....I most definitely will not do it in the spiritual. I KNOW the truth in all of this but yet like you I am sure....we all have to start applying it.

We are the ONLY ones who have control over setting priorities in our lives. I have had work out partners and exercise buddies but I have found that when they stop...so do I. I have to make the decision to do it and do it for ME and not for anything or anyone else. Just like being fit in our bodies is so very important to our health and wellness...our spiritual man has to be just as fit to stay on course and fulfill the calling that God has placed on our lives!

The key I have found is setting our my exercise clothes, finding my cute and matching socks and my tennis shoes and getting them all ready for the morning. If I do this then I will be successful...I have prepared myself for the task and when I start to think of excuses...well half of them are eliminated because of my preparation! Just like with exercise your devotion time needs to be carved out of your day and be set out in advance for you to be successful. We will NOT reach our goals if we do not prepare ourselves and our hearts for it. And I have noticed that once I have had a few days up and exercising and doing my devotions....you won't believe this...I actually like it! I am starting to process the "pain and agony" as results that I can see and that I can feel inwardly and outwardly. Don't let the enemy sabotage you the happy and healthy life that God wants you to have!


I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me Phillipians 4:13

You are Graciously Adorned
❤ Jonna





Search This Blog