Sunday, July 19, 2015

*Cast Your Cares


"Cast all your cares on Him for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

This is one of my favorite scriptures and the other day I was thinking about how many times I have prayed with someone at the altar and I talked to them about laying down all their burdens and leaving them at the feet of Jesus and  used this reference. But oh so many times I see that same person coming back to me and it was like they picked it back up since the last time we prayed and put it right back in their pocket. Why is it so hard for people to just give things to God!?

Well the verse has been in my head and I got a picture of a net being cast quickly and far out into the waters and I thought....wait...the word "cast" doesn't mean to "gently lay something down" but it means; with muscles and with agility cast it out far away from yourself. This got me excited...yes I am easily excited. What made me even more giddy is the vision I had about casting it out and throwing it on Jesus. Isn't that what the word says? Cast your cares ON Him for He cares for you?

We are to throw with speed and with preciseness our cares, worry, anxieties on HIM! The realization that there is EFFORT and there is SKILL involved in this signifies that we aren't just supposed to be lackadaisical about this. Maybe the reason we pick our cares back up is that we really do not ever give it to God anyway. We lay it down at our own feet not really relinquishing control.

By not giving our cares to God it is like we don't believe that He cares for us. Remember the lilies of the field and the sparrows? God takes care of them...so why wouldn't he take care of us?

Make a dedicated decision today to give away what was meant to be at the feet of Jesus and stop trying to bear things that you aren't supposed to. In fact, I cringe at the comment, "God said that He wouldn't give me more than I could bear...so why in the world am I so burdened?" Well...this is why!! We are to cast our cares on Him.

When we in faith believe that God is in control of our circumstances and we pray believing that He is working it out on our behalf and then act in the obedience to what the word says then we can feel the hope and security knowing that it is all going to work out for our good.

Adjust that Crown!

Jonna  


*This blog is written by Jonna Gibson for "Invisible Crown". You can follow it at Jonna-invisiblecrown.blogspot.com


 

Search This Blog