Saturday, February 20, 2016

*Seeds


One of my memories as a child is watching my grandfather eat watermelon. He planted the seeds, tended the ground, harvested them and then invited a bunch of people over to eat watermelon. We would all sit outside and he would pass the salt shaker around. He loved salt!  He would pour a hefty amount of  salt on a slice and after a few bites he would spit out the seeds. I tried to do that and ended up swallowing them all. I takes talent to sort seeds at the side of your mouth while chewing and eating! I remember my mom telling me that if I swallowed those seeds that a watermelon would grow in my stomach! Boy did I make sure I didn't swallow anymore after that. haha

Even though seeds can be a pain while eating it is truly one of life's greatest mysteries. How can such potential be packed in such a small package? It is packed full of DNA to give life to so many things. In fact everything around us came from a seed. Just think about that for a minute. The chair that I am sitting in the clothes that I am wearing were all just tiny little things that were bothersome! Each individual seed has information to transform itself into something bigger and greater and replicate itself.

The Word of GOD is designated as the "seed" (Luke 8:11; I Pet. 1:23), the growth of the believer is compared with that of a plant (John 15), and the evangelization of the world with the harvest (Matt. 13:30). And these are only some examples of the symbolism of the "Seed of Faith". It's very necessary that we firmly grasp this truth, which, in essence, means that although we have so little to offer to GOD, the possibilities of faith are unlimited. When we take some of our strengths, faith, resources and abilities, and we deposit them in Him, as a seed is sown, we receive the assurance of a fruitful harvest.


Just like my grandpa who had a green thumb; we can also have a great harvest if we just plant that seed in the right places...tend to it and give it daily care and make sure it gets all the SON it can get...it will grow into something you can share and enjoy with everyone around you :))

Adjust that Crown

Jonna

Search This Blog