Monday, February 15, 2016

*A Changed Mind

"You can change your hair, your clothing, your address, your spouse, your house....but if you don't
change your mind...then the same situation will occur over and over again." TD Jakes

I remember when my Iphone freaked out on me and I went to the Apple store to try to get some help. Somewhere somehow something went wrong when I was trying to update my phone that it just didn't work. I couldn't find any of my contacts or my photos and most of my apps were gone. My ITunes account wouldn't recognize my phone either! It was very frustrating to find out from the Apple representative that I had to reset my phone back to factory settings. The guy told me that I apparently haven't been backing my phone up or updating it when new software setting came up. The new software was there to make my phone better and had many security upgrades that I really needed to protect my phone and all its contents.


This is how most people live their lives; in default mode.  They go to church and experience something powerful, something freeing and new and yet when they walk outside of the doors they go back to the ways things were before. You can cry and plead and shout but when you get back home you go back to default. It is aggravating and frustrating but it is a way of life for many people.

God doesn't just want us exposed and effected to great teaching and revelation. He wants us to AFFECTED by it...he wants it to become a part of us. He wants to be downloaded into our hearts and into our spirit so that we can be stronger and wiser. Never to go back to default....

Until I change what my default  setting is...I will continue to go back to my original default because despite changing everything else I didn’t change my mind. Once you have a changed mind about everything around you then and only then can your heart change. There is NOTHING as powerful as a changed mind. It is the tenacity to rise up and say "enough" to your circumstances and your way of life. It is the pivotal point of great change in your life.


My prayer is that today you embrace all the promises within you and you have the faith to battle the will and emotions that flood your mind. I am asking God to help you change your mind...I am asking Him to RESET your default to the place that you are at now...NEVER to go BACK again.

There is NOTHING more powerful than a changed mind...


Adjust That Crown

Jonna


 
 



Search This Blog