Saturday, August 8, 2015

Learning to Crawl



There is this statement that I have heard all of my life, "You've got to learn to walk before you can run." Well that is awesome and all but I propose a better phrase and that would be "you have got to learn to crawl before you can walk." Parents of babies know this all too well. There has been some that have actually skipped that whole step! My son Trey crawled for a day, started walking and never looked back.

Unfortunately most of us have to go through the slow and often frustrating steps to get where we need to go. Watching a baby attempting to walk is comical but also anxiety ridden. They cry when they fall because it is scary and I am sure very aggravating! Sometimes the fear will cause the baby to just be resigned to crawl and not attempt the "scary walk" anymore!

You may laugh at this but that is me in regards to fitness. I want to be fit but find myself failing and on my backside crying about it. Every Monday I start and usually won't make it to the next day without bombing. Then I wait another month or so to attempt it again. Working out is scary not to mention painful and well...I love to eat! Let's not even mention the whole gym thing which can cause any fluffy insecure person to want to do a drive by and just pull into Marble Slab and wallow in chocolate goodness! Oh...I know that is just me! =D

It is time for me to get myself back though. Don't get me wrong...I do not hate myself with all this extra fluff BUT I know that it isn't healthy and in the back of my mind a voice is calling me out..."Jonna. You can do this! Kick your "self" and get with it. Get fit. You will feel better and live longer. You need to do this as a representative of me." It's not audible but it is a yearning that my spirit is calling me up to a higher level and it is causing an all out world war 3 in the flesh!

Why is the will so hard to overcome? The flesh is in NO way more powerful than our spirit man. So I am putting myself out there and saying...I will be conquering this flesh! And by telling you...I am being accountable to someone and that my friend is half the battle. 

"So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you." Romans 12:1-2

Instead of starting Monday as I usually do; I will be starting Sunday...why not...it's the Lords day and I am giving this all to Him. With His help and knowing that I am not fighting against flesh and blood (not even my own) but principalities and powers...well it gives me a new insight! So let's start crawling together towards whatever it is that is holding you back from being a better you. With Gods help & each other we will win that prize and feel great too at the end of the race!

How about you?

Adjust Your Crown!

Jonna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog