Friday, July 3, 2015

Back Burners


The cabin we rented was amazing! The only complaint I had; other than not seeing a moose, was that it had an electric stove that was solid surface. Now these stoves can be really nice and this one was...but it had a really large burner as well as a small on in the front. The two back burners were itty bitty!

All the cabin had were large pans so I had to use the front burner the whole time and only cook one thing at a time. No other pan would fit. I found myself saying, "I can't put anything on the back burner" multiple times. Haha

It really made me think of my life and how EVERYTHING at times seems so important and STAT or emergent! Up to this vacation I never put anything on the "back burner"...so why should dinner on vacation be any different?! 

The hectic pace of life can cause us to put things in the "front" of our lives and cause us to feel overwhelmed. The deadlines and the busyness of life can make you feel like you are running around in circles and not getting anything done. Like most of the people I know; I was in need of a little adjustment to my priorities. That is why vacations are so important. Normally Don and I only go out of town if it is church related and rarely ever go anywhere that isn't. So this time was really good for our family. It was a time to get away and put everything aside except for what was truly important. 

Don't get me wrong; church and my friends are VERY important but sometimes you have to evaluate what is on the front burner 95% of the time and if it isn't the people that live in the house with you...namely your spouse or children...well what you placed on the back burner is going to eventually spoil and not turn out the way you want it. Because you don't have the room or the time to put into it! This vacation was about my kids and my husband; and secondly only to my relationship with God, it will ALWAYS be on the front burners of my life. What about you?

Adjust that Crown, 

Jonna



 

Search This Blog