Friday, July 13, 2018

*I Do Declare

The word declare was asked of us many times on our recent trip overseas. As we went from Italy to Spain and into France and the United Kingdom we would have to present our passports to an authorized agent at airports or cruise liners who would then ask “Do you have anything to declare?” Many times we would have to fill out a form called a Custom Declaration that would ask specifics about money, items purchased or if we had any food items in our possession. The custom agents are looking for specifics of what you have and what you are carrying with you as you enter their country. 

The word declare comes from the Hebrew achvah, meaning “to make known” or “to set forth an accounting of.” Anytime I heard this word I would think of its meaning spiritually. 

What we speak and what we have in us and what we possess spiritually is what we declare everyday. I personally have never had a person come up to me and ask me “what do you declare?”...outside of a custom agent. I most assuredly hope that what I declare can be seen visibly in everything that I do. 

You see what we declare is SO much more than some silly bag of souvenirs. We have valuable declarations that people are needing to hear. Our declarations can bring life into dead situations. They can bring hope to the hopeless and cause lives to be saved. So open your mouth and share what God has given you. Your testimony is your declaration.



So what are you declaring today?

Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit” --Proverbs 18:21 

You are Graciously Adorned

❤Jonna 

Search This Blog