Monday, February 19, 2018

*What IF


In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. --Genesis 1:1-3
I know that we have all read Genesis one. After all it is all about creation of earth and man and the heavens. I dare say that most of us could name all the 7 days of creation and talk about Adam and Eve in the garden. It is such a known story and something most of us have heard a million times. But what does this really mean to you? 

If we know that the God of all created the heavens and earth as well as darkness and light in a day...well...what does that say about what He can really do? We have all been a part of some kind of miracle in our life or someone close to us...or maybe we have just heard about one. Why is it so hard for us to believe that God can do that for us? Why is it so hard for us to believe that God can come through for us? 

Sometimes we look at the Bible as a really good bedtime story or even a fairy tale that we enjoy hearing but we never really get those stories and make them personal. What if God wanted to promote you like He did David? Do you believe that you can come out a dirty job of tending "sheep" and be a King? Of course not...no one even has sheep around here and we don't even have a monarchy in the US. haha. True. BUT what if God had a great destiny for you and you just didn't believe it? What if everything in His plan was waiting for YOU to step out?

We have a limitless God. He has more than a thousand ways of solving your problems...but you have to believe at least one of them. God is a God of unlimited resources and He wants to supply YOU with a way to be victorious and prosper in whatever you put your hands to. What if He was just waiting on you? What if the answer to what you have been praying for is right in front of your face and you haven't even seen it. What if the friend you have been seeking has tried to befriend you several times but you didn't even realize it? What if your healing is waiting and you just haven't asked? What if your marriage hasn't been repaired because you haven't been listening to the voice of wisdom to know how to fix it? What if? 


My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.   Proverbs 2: 1-5

Pray this prayer with me: 

Lord, I thank You that You are the God of the impossible. You can do anything. You are truly a limitless God. I want to trust in Your ability and not my own. Teach me to see difficulties in my life from Your perspective. Help me to focus on You and Your power. Teach me to believe in a good report and focus on You even in hard circumstances. My responsibility is to carefully read, trust, and obey Your Word. Today I bring before You this difficulty in my life [Name a hard situation you are facing]. Help me not to fear but to trust You in this situation. Open my eyes to my next step and help me to be strong and courageous in you. Help me to speak your truth in this and bring life to it with your Godly wisdom and anointing. I declare my faith in Your ability to fulfill Your promises to me. You will fight for me and win the battles in my life. You are mighty, powerful, righteous and true. You are truly a limitless God. Amen.

You are Graciously Adorned
❤Jonna




Search This Blog