Sunday, January 1, 2017

Exercise Peace

Peace: My word for 2017. I have found out though that God isn't just going to "give" me peace but I am
going to have to exercise my "Peace Muscles" so that I become stronger and more intentional in that area. I hate exercise just as much as the next person. I even know how to be healthy and I know what to do to look and to feel better. BUT what I know and what I do are two TOTALLY different things!

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
Phillipians 4:6-7

Regular exercise is necessary for physical fitness and good health. It reduces the risk of heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes and other diseases; and most importantly it can improve your appearance and delay the aging process. Okay....i know...who wouldn't want to do that?

Well...it takes commitment and self-sacrifice to do it! Who likes to sweat, who likes pain and who in the world wants to get up early in the morning just to exercise?? Apparently NOT me!

What I have found out in life is that anything great takes hard work and sacrifice...and sweat! Just like having peace in your life. It doesn't come free and it doesn't come easy. It takes being intentional everyday to not let "things" in the news and things in your everyday life steal your joy and in turn destroy your peace.

What is peace?

Peace defined is: Having enough knowledge and understanding to keep oneself strong in the face of discord or stress. Being "at peace" is considered by many to be healthy homeostasis and the opposite of being stressed or anxious. Peace of mind is generally associated with bliss and happiness.

John 14:27 (AMP), Jesus says, “Peace I leave with you: My [own] peace I now give…to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]”

Now, there’s a "worldly peace" that we experience when everything is going our way. It is fleeting; but the peace Jesus gives is a totally different quality of peace. It’s a peace that passes ALL understanding; it makes us peaceful when all natural reasoning says we should be upset and freaking out! It causes people to look at you and say, "Are you crazy? You should be up there screaming and yelling and giving them a piece of your mind!" But instead you have this feeling and this contentment that God is going to work it out for you in a way that you never could have ever thought!

I have learned that when I focus on Jesus from the moment my eyes open to the point that I am laying my head on my pillow; my days are so much better! Being intentional and taking the time to consciously make the effort for peace is very rewarding!  You have to lay everything at His feet...all feelings, concerns, doubts, problems and most certainly the things that you have been trying to do on your own! We all want to be a healthy Christians and we all want to live this life happy and carefree...I am not talking about being oblivious but focused on THE Prince of Peace...He is the one that can make you smile when all hell is breaking loose and can also put a dance in your step when in your mind you feel like you cannot take another step!

 Peace He has freely GIVEN to us...so freely TAKE it today! 

Adjust That Crown!

Jonna





Search This Blog