Friday, August 28, 2015

The REAL Thing

What direction should I look? There are three big screens in front of me and the stage. The singer is in the center and I can actually see him but my eyes wander to the large animated screen way above the platform. I find myself alternating looking to the left, center and right side alternating from the different angles and views. It is kinda neat to see the details of the guitars and even the cool necklace the singer is wearing. After a while that I start to feel a neck pain coming on from holding my neck up so high. I find myself mentally reprimanding myself to redirect back to watching the actual person...the "real thing" on stage.

Have you ever found yourself in this predicament? The different views and bright colors capture your attention and you find yourself looking into a monitor the whole concert. Could you have just stayed home and watched this from the comfort of your own living room?

Well this recently happened to me and God spoke to my heart with a thought. Conveniences can keep us from seeing the reality of where God is in our lives. Our eyes quickly turn to the bright flashing things and we tend to forget that God is in the simple everyday. We don't need to see the fine details or try to see more than what we should. Seeing God and focusing on Him and only Him is the only thing we should be viewing. All the other things are fluff and can be distraction. We go to concerts to see someone perform live and not on a screen. When we want a word from God we want it one-on-one heart-to-heart and not via a second party or screen...We want the REAL THING! Keep your focus on Jesus the author and the finisher of your faith!

"Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."  Hebrews 12:2

Adjust That Crown!

Jonna

Search This Blog