Monday, June 16, 2014

The Cycle of Failure

Many women feel like a failure; I know that sometimes I do. Deep down I know that I am far from a failure. I know that I fail,  but that I am not a failure. I disappoint, but I am not a disappointment. Yet I find myself in this battle; whether it is weight, beauty or relationships and at times I feel like I am losing. Is there anyone else out there that feels the same way?

We all, no matter how perfect we look on the outside; we all have secret places where we are not living in victory all the time. Unfortunately, these times color our whole way that we view ourselves. It becomes a barrier for us to move on. If left unchecked, can become a wall that will actually separate us from the love of God.

We are terrified to expose our inner truths for fear of being rejected by other people and sadly, that keeps us isolated and feeling alone. Is your struggle food, alcohol, yelling or anger, do you lie or maybe you think yourself unattractive, not smart enought or maybe you have a lack of confidence? Any of these things can cause emotions so deep that we find ourselves depressed and we tend to fall back into the mess that disgusts us about ourselves in the first place! It is a cycle that needs to stop!

God knows every one of our struggles and the mere fact that we long to change ourselves is sign that we are meant to have the promise of victory. Our very dissatisfaction with our weaknesses point to the reality that continuing to live in them is NOT the destiny we are meant to have!

I think that sometimes we don't invite God into our struggle. Don't you know that HE wants us free more than we do? We feel shame and that isn't a bad thing but it isn't going to get us to our freedom. Self-discipline isn't going to make the cut for long either! Trust me....I have been so shamed that I almost ate a giant giant bag of M&M's myself in one sitting and going on a strict diet when you have an eemotional eating issue....well....let's just say that when you fall off the wagon...It is a really BIG FALL!

Spiritual Discipline is the key that I am finding that is going to unlock the many padlocks in my life! There is a HEART issue that has to be fixed first before becoming free and being what God created you to be. It is an inside-out process! I have been for years focusing on the outside-in! There is no miracle pill!

I LOVE lists and when I am starting on a diet plan and I have "finally made up my mind to do it for REALS"....I name it. I have been known to say, "30 days to terrific" or "60 days to sexy". My husband just smiles and doesn't say anything....he is a smart man! ha. These lists set me up for failure....they are usually totally unattainable and predict goals of losing 50 pounds in a month. I wish!! My willingness to prepare sets in motion the cycle of failure once again. :(

I had to come to the realization as well....God isn't going to love me any more than He does right now. Sounds simple, huh? Well I had to conclude that I need to love myself where I am at. I need to try to stop saying, "I will do that when I am fit or when I look good." "I will do what I know God wants me to do when I am confident enough to do it & that will be a size 6"....of course that is when I look good according to my own eyes. 

Do I have all the answers to this dilemma? No, but I am seeking God's help and guidance. I truly want to be the best I can be...not for myself but for God. It's all about the process of becoming. I know that the more I become like Christ then the more I will become what God has created me to be.

Somewhere deep down inside my created destiny is there; she might be badly bruised and covered in junk and isn't very pretty! BUT God can call her out and it is all up to us....the choosing, yielding, desiring and relinquishing, the trying and even in the giving up.... is all about choice!

God's plans for us are a process and his eye is all about eternity. His plans for us aren't for a quick fix....He is slowly,  carefully and intentionally unveilling things in my life and I have to recognize that what I think is a "failure" is just part of the process of becoming. I don't want to be a gerbil on that wheel to nowhere! God help us to be overcomers THROUGH you! Phillipians 4:13 is my all time favorite scripture because the strength for the work to change doesn't come from ourselves at all.....but from GOD. We can do ALL things THROUGH Christ who gives US strength!

Adjust that Crown!

Jonna 

Search This Blog