Sunday, January 5, 2014

Legacy

What you doing today will be mirrored by your kids and grandkids. What will they remember you by? Most of us do not have a expansive amount of money or things that will be passed onto the next generation but what we do have is eternal. What your priorities are now and what you do everyday will be repeated by the generations after you. Legacy is something we all want to leave. No where in human history is someone who wants to live their life and make no mark. We all want to leave a lasting impression.

I know that I want my kids to live better, be better educated, circumvent the issues and the trials that I had to go through and sail further and higher in life than I have. I want them to step on my shoulders and do things that I only dreamed of. But most importantly I want them to be spiritually minded and live for God in a way that is wiser than I. I want to leave a legacy of love and passion for the Kingdom of God. I want God to be happy with what I pass on as well.

The legacy that God is impressed with is founded and centered on what is most important to Jesus Christ. A lasting Legacy is like passing the baton to the next generation so that they can do greater things for the Kingdom of God. Having fingerprints all over people's lives is something that will be mirrored into eternity. And leaving a  legacy that is etched upon the
"A Legacy worth living for is found in men and women who carry on His mission for His glory. We cannot do this by ourselves, but each one of us can be responsible that our lives contain the aroma of Christ that impacts others and they choose to live for Him. It is not our glory, but His glory reflected through us; it is not our legacy, but His legacy continuing through us. There is nothing greater than a coporate Legacy and I believe that Mercy Gate Church best days are yet to come"      Pastor Don Gibson

Legacy in the greek: "A legatum" was a bequest or legacy. The words derive from the verb, "lego", which means, “to send with a charge.” Leaving your Legacy is like leaving a CHARGE to the next generation...what could be better and more powerful then that?

Adjust that Crown, 

Jonna


Search This Blog