Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Consider Job

"Consider Job"....those two words just slapped me in the face! Job is identified as a blameless and upright man who feared God and turned away from evil. God was pointing out to Satan that Job loved him with a pure heart and the enemy was arguing that the love was because of material things. Well the devil was being set up; although he thought he was setting up God. Silly Devil. We all know about Job and in the first chapter he goes from riches to rags; from being blessed to what seems like cursed. All his livestock were killed as well as his children and servants and he was left with only his wife and just when his grief was subsiding Job became plagued with boils all over his body that were excruciatingly painful.

20 Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head and fell on the ground and worshiped. 21 And he said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD." 22 In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong.  Job 1:20-22

I can picture Satan surrounded by his 10,000 angels awaiting Job's response. And when Job answers I can also imagine all the multitude of angels in the heavens shouting, "Worthy is the Lord God of Job!"and how mad must Satan have been and I am sure he had to flee at that very moment!

Job must of been something pretty special to God for him to be pointed out. I wonder in our lives if God ever points you or I out? Would He ever say, "Consider Jonna"? I know that I am not perfect but I surely do pray that I get His attention. I want God to be pleased with my attempts and with my love and obedience towards Him.

Now don't get me wrong...I am not asking for trouble! I just want to be known as a child that loves her Heavenly Father way above and beyond any Earthly treasure. When the time of calamity comes to my house and it will come one way or another...I will choose to do what Job did and Bless the Lord!



Adjust that Crown,

Jonna


Search This Blog