Wednesday, January 17, 2018

*Snow Day

Snow Day. It is a term that much in South Texas do not know much about...firsthand that is. We hear
about it in the movies or on the news but we really do not know the significance of a "snow day". Well we had our first hard freeze yesterday and about all of the state "closed" down. There really wasn't much snow to speak about...it was actually an "Ice Day". It isn't that we are afraid of ice and
snow...we close down because we don't know how to live in it or function in it. We don't have the infrastructure built with ice in mind so every overpass is a death trap and we definitely do not know how to DRIVE in it. Our cars aren't suited with the right tires and we don't have all the life saving items that most people up north keep in their trunks of their cars in case of freezing temperatures. So because of ignorance we shut everything down so that people can be safe and encourage people to stay home.

There has been many times in my life when I just didn't know what to do. I didn't know how to respond and I didn't even know what to think about a situation. I had never been to this place before and really was ignorant to my next step. It is in these times that I believe I have been called to my own personal "snow day". A day to stay put, a day to rest, a day to not go anywhere or even be productive...a day to just be quiet. Because Lord knows if I speak it would be the wrong thing and I am pretty sure people will take it the wrong way! Spiritual snow days are a great thing and as Christians we should take more of them. It isn't really that we are ignorant...it is just that we need more Godly wisdom and sometimes in order to get that we have to be still and hear God's voice. 

Sometimes we just need the additional strength and we need the new direction to take a problem or situation head on. We all have the infra-structure inside of us, but depending on our level of maturity, we might not have the experience to actually use it effectively. So its okay to take a break and step back to make sure the right decision is being made...go for it! There is so much wisdom in not answering or responding quickly and taking it to prayer. There is actually power in it. God doesn't want us afraid of taking a step but He fully wants us to be engaged with His heart and in His direction and we can't fully know what He wants if we never take any time to be alone with Him. 
If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”    Psalms 91:9-16

Psalms 91 is a beautiful representation of where we can go when we are in need of an answer and when we are in trouble. It is one of my favorites. It makes me feel like I can do anything! I feel like I am a warrior carrying a sword when I read this. I start getting this looseness in my neck and I start feeling all tough and finding myself saying "Bring it on!" The really cool thing is that God is the one that is going to fight our battles. We just need to conduct ourselves the way that He has instructed us to. We have to have the faith that He is going to work things out but as the same time we have to do our part. God will give you the words to speak and He will give you the next steps that you need to take...we just need to have the faith to see it get carried out.

Don't wait for a crisis to overtake you...take some INTENTIONAL Snow Days. Take the time to cuddle up and enjoy the sweet presence of Jesus while the world is going crazy around you. You will be refreshed, renewed and ready to take on anything and everything with the right attitude, the right answers and with God on your side. So the next time something hits you blindsided...don't find yourself unprepared for the moment....be ready and on task to take it on!


You Are Graciously Adorned!

❤Jonna
               




Search This Blog