Friday, May 13, 2016

*Sidetracked

I pulled into Sonic with my son, put my car in park and rolled down my window. I quickly retrieved my credit card and swiped it through the card reader. My son jerked me into reality when he said, "Mom. What are you doing?" I quickly realized that I hadn't even ordered yet but was scanning my card like Sonic is able to read our minds for that Strawberry Limeade that I so desperately wanted! Trey and I laughed and laughed about that...until we cried!

What I found myself doing that day at Sonic was that I was thinking about something I really needed to do that day, listening to my son Trey tell me a story and all the while worrying about an issue that hasn't been resolved and then of course thirsty for my favorite sweet drink that I couldn't wait to get my hands on. Now that is a LOT of things going through my head at one time. I wasn't really paying attention to any of it fully but all of them a little.

 It is really kinda scary how we start to go "through the motions" of life and we aren't really paying attention. There are a lot of people who walk into church Sunday after Sunday, looking all Christian but without Jesus. And they walk out the same way they came in, without Jesus, because they're only going through the motions. It's all too easy to do, sometimes without even realizing it.
Fixing our attention on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of the faith, who, in view of the joy set before him, endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.   Hebrews 12:2
We are wise to be aware about what we are thinking about – and what we shouldn’t be thinking about. Likewise, we have to be aware at what we are believing – and not believing. When our eyes are focused, we won’t miss out on what God has for us. In fact, the opposite happens – we see ourselves and our lives with amazing clarity. We can receive the goodness, the peace and the love that God has in store for us as believers because we are not sidetracked. We are focused but not worrying about what He is working out for us and that leaves us with loving our family, our community and being happy in the moment....just what we need to be doing.

You are Graciously Adorned


❤ Jonna






Search This Blog