Thursday, December 3, 2015

Inn Crowd or Stable Few?



…and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son.
She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger,because there was no room for them in the inn.
                       Luke 2:7 NIV






The Stable Few

When I think of the Nativity, I think of a man named Joseph, who wasn't technically the Father, choose a child over his disbelief.

I think of a young mother Mary who chose faith over ridicule and shame.

I think of two young people who risked everything for a child. Who were brave enough to face a long journey only to have a child in the most inconvenient of places.

I think of Shepherds who had a life changing experience; who got to see angels in all their glory singing what I am sure was an amazing song.

I think of Wise men who accepted the prediction in scriptures, followed a star and brought gifts to a baby they said was born King of the Jews.

The Inn Crowd

I think of a inn keeper who would not give up his own room or another for a pregnant woman.

I think of a man (Herod) so disturbed and threatened by this child that he would declare that all boys in Bethlehem under two be killed.

I think of all the people who mocked and hated this baby when he became a man. And the people who do this even still today.

I remember that when I put myself first, when I am unkind, or (insert ugly behavior here) that I might as well join the Inn crowd.


But...
I remember why this baby came in the first place. This unique circumstance and that the beauty of the Nativity is the gift behind it:


NO MATTER whether I am with the Inn crowd or the Stable few,
His birth was a gift to humanity, to me:
I am forgiven.
I am loved anyway.
He came for me.
He is for me.
I will be with him for eternity.


I remember that a long time ago a baby made such a huge impact that the majority of the world celebrates His birthday...on this wonderful day called Christmas!



Adjust That Crown!
Jonna





 

Search This Blog