Friday, October 23, 2015

*Dreams


There is nothing more wonderful than seeing your dreams or the dreams of others fulfilled. Recently I went on a trip with my oldest son Trey. He had always dreamed of going to Scotland and Ireland and I had the amazing opportunity to experience it with him! He had worked so hard to save up his money and we planned for months for the perfect trip for his 25th birthday. Trey told me, "Mom. I don't want wait until I am older to see the world or do the things I dreamed about. Why not do it now?"
I loved the look on his face as he experienced the history, the architecture and the scenery of the place that was only but a dream before. It thrilled me as a parent to see the excitement and even the tears that he encountered at times on our trip; and it brought such joy to my heart.

As I stood on the edge of a cliff and looked out into the ocean and took in the most overwhelming of views; I couldn't help but think that what I was experiencing with Trey is what God wants for me. God wants to sit back and see the dreams and destinies of my life fulfilled even more than I even want to see them myself! He longs to see the potential in me to surface. He wants me to live out the calling He has destined for my life.

Yet I get those dreams and visions and even promises that I know that I have and put them on a shelf the for another time, another season, or another year. I have other things to do or focus on. I tell myself that maybe next year or maybe it wasn't even meant to be? I love the attitude of Trey..."Why wait? Why do when I am older what I can do now." I remember him also saying to me, "I don't want to grow up and have regrets."

 What about you? What do you have that you are putting aside that you can actually start to set in motion even today? You can take one small step today towards something that is near and dear to your heart. Revive those dreams and make it happen...anything is possible!

You are Graciously Adorned!

❤ Jonna 

Search This Blog