Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Gifts & Surprises!



Everyone loves gifts and suprises! When I was a little girl me and my brother and sisters couldn't wait until daddy got home. We would all watch for his truck and listen for the front door to open! All four kids would try to be the first to greet him. He would finally come through the door tired, hot and sweaty and we were all over him hugging him and asking what he got us. You see dad would almost everyday bring us little things from his day at work. If you were first to get to him you might get to pick what gift you got!! Sometimes it would be one thing for us to share, or a crazy story about his day; but most of the time it was candy or a small toy! And to my mothers dismay my dad also has brought home kittens and puppies! Ha. 

We didn't just love the gifts but we loved our dad. He represented life to us. He wanted the best for us and worked long and hard hours to provide. We never worried about provision or if we would have food, clothes or a roof over our head. We had complete faith in him. He was the source of all things good. We treated him with respect and love even on the days he brought us nothing. We loved him unconditionally. My dad isn't perfect...no one is...but what he was and still to this day; is a perfect picture of what our Heavenly Father is. 

What are you expecting your Heavenly Father to bring to you? Do you wait with great expectation? Do you trust that He will provide for your every need? Matthew 6:26 reminds us of the level of care we are under. It's all encompassing. He is our Jehovah Jireh (provider), Nissi (protection), Rappha (healer)....just to name a few! 

Your Father knows what is best for you and He is out working everything for your good...he wants the very best for you! Romans 8:28

Just when I think that I cannot manage or that I am unsure of my future; God walks in the door and He always surprises me with things that I never ever even expected or prayed for. Live a life of faith when you can't see how it will all work out. He is longing to give you gifts and surprises but you need to be positioned to receive them

Adjust that Crown!

Jonna








No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog