Tuesday, June 25, 2013

SPAM!



What images do you get when you hear the word, Spam? I tend to think of the "loaf of mystery meat" that is packaged in a can that you have stored away somewhere in case of a nuclear war or something. Also spam is a word used for "junk mail" that comes from an outside source without your consent. I have to sift through what is legitamate or not everytime I check my email! I didn't ask for these people to send me anything and how did they get my email address anyway? And let us not get on the subject of the pop up ads.....

Persistent distractions are something that we have to deal with on a daily basis. Just like going through my email I have to be diligent to "unsubscribe" to the things that I don't want to be a part of. I have to change my settings on my computer to make sure that these unwanted and pesky ads do not just "jump out" unwelcome, unwanted and uncensored. My Firewall has to be updated periodically to protect me from new security threats, bugs and viruses that can harm my computer or allow someone to steal identity and personal information that is vital and important to me.


Firewall defined: a system that isolates another in order to prevent unauthorized access.
Like our computers, our firewalls of Faith need a little diagnostic tune up. Of course that doesn't mean we need to be reading the bible for hours at a time. Focusing daily on a scripture, reading a devotional, a moment of quiet prayer or singing your favorite praise song can do a lot of good to adjust your attitude "settings." Daily firewall tune ups are the true secret weapons to winning our everyday battles. 

 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:2

The enemies pesky spam will try to trip you up, tug on your broken heart or even poke at your deepest insecurity. But we have something that he lacks and it is a firewall of Faith. In fact, our firewall is his Kryptonite. God will protect whom he loves from the unwanted, unwelcome and uncensored if we let Him.

“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble and deliver him and honor him. Psalm 91:14-15

Adjust that Crown, 
Jonna

Search This Blog