Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Faith it!


“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full” (John 10:10, NIV)
So many people today are living in “survival” mode. They have a mentality that says, “If I can just make it through…” or “If I can just get by…” Of course, there are some seasons that are more difficult than others and sometimes it’s challenging to get a vision for just the next day. If you find yourself constantly living with a survival mentality then you are missing out on God’s best for you. Scripture doesn’t say, “Jesus came so you could survive.” No, it says that He came to give you a full and abundant life!

Many Christians will squeak by and get into heaven but they will not have the fingerprints of people and the crowns that God wants to bestow on his children. God created us to shine His light and His presence to this world and not to just "camp" here until He comes back for us! I believe that He has a path that we can take in faith that is called His will and it will lead us to the position and authority that each of us were placed on this Earth for. Now this place isn't going to be worry-free or carefree but it will require perseverance and reliance on God and it will be the most victorious and happiest that we will ever be. Jeremiah 29:11 tells us of the future that we have in God and the plans that he has for us...who wouldn't want to know the purposes that God has for them on this Earth? 
If you find yourself idling by and singing "kum by ya" then you need to take a giant leap of faith and begin to declare, “My days of survival are over; my days of thriving have begun!” I believe God will then open an unexpected door and will pour out His favor and blessing on you. He’ll make a way where there seems to be no way! Even if you’re in a tough time right now, remember those dry seasons don’t last, but the Word of God stands forever. Begin to decree what God says about your circumstances because you are created for more than to just get by — you are created to thrive!
A Prayer for Today
Father God, thank You for giving me abundant life through Jesus Christ. I believe that You have a good plan for my future and I am going to look for opportunities and look beyond myself in faithI declare that my days of thriving have begun as I continue to put your words and your promises to action as I learn to trust in You alone.  In Jesus’ name I decree is as so!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog