Thursday, March 15, 2012

Crawfish Time!


Tasty Mud Bug!

"Most people show their tails & throw away their heads"  
                                                                  ---Don Gibson

Yes... a lovely quote from my husband! But it was so funny as we ate dinner tonight that the quote came alive! Seven people dove into 20 pounds of Crawfish at the Crawfish Shack in Crosby tonight, and as shells were flying and fingers being licked I realized that only a fraction of this poor crustacean is truly valued. The tail meat is eaten and then the rest of the creature is thrown into a large pile! There on a towering platter is the body of this mud bug with attached heads with eyes and whiskers sticking out eerily looking at you. It is just so sad! But thankfully no one at our table tried to "suck" the head of the crawfish; which the menu explained: is to "experience the tasty pancreas"! People will eat anything!

What I learned today is that crawfish has to be soaked in water multiple times to get the dirt out of them before cooking. If you miss this step then you have some gritty and dirty food that isn't edible! Then the poor creature is thrown into hot water and boiled with spices, potatoes and corn; if it is a dead crawfish it becomes mushy after boiling and the tail isn't curled up and that is a sure sign that you shouldn't eat it.

God please use all of me! I don't want to have only a small part of me valued and considered useable and the rest of me just tossed to the wayside in a useless heap! I refuse to be one of those people who uses their talents, abilities, voice and brains for things other than for God. I want to be smart, creative and cutting edge and not "lose" my head when it comes to my church, relationships and Godly things. Help us not to show "our tails" as well but be willing to be cleansed and be repentant so that when we find ourselves in hot water we will come out not only clean and useable but tasty for HIS kingdom and service!


Keep Sparkling!

-Jonna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog