Monday, February 1, 2016

*Hedge Maze

In life some paths we take lead us to where we never wanted or thought that we would ever go. I have been on my smooth paths, some beautiful paths as well as some that were painful as well as scary. Trust me...I am geographically challenged and I have gotten lost plenty of times. It is amazing where one missed turn can get you! What I do know is that whatever way that I decide to take it had better be the path that God wants me to go on.

Just because we pray about a direction and we 100% feel it is the right and "Godly" thing to do doesn't mean that it is going to be easy. That is a common misconception! I have traveled in directions that I wanted to turn around and run the other way because it was so tough. I wanted to find the easy tollway or a shortcut to get me to where I am going. It is that instant gratification that our society loves. The get rich or get skinny quick ads that always get me!

Most of the times we really do not know what our journey holds. We just have to choose to put one foot in front of the other and let God direct us to places that we have never been before. He sees the bigger picture...we just can't.....until much later down the road. Life sometimes reminds me of those giant English gardens where they have those really tall and thick Hedge mazes. When you are in the middle of the maze it can be quite intimidating. The hedges are tall and you can't see your way around any of them and don't even try going through one of those bushes. All you can see is what is right in front of you. When you finally find the exit it is funny how it all seems so easy! Of course...knowing the answer now makes it all seem simple. I call that my Ah Ha moments. When I am at the end of a hard situation and I finally realize why I had to go through it and I am now actually so glad I did because I learned something! And I know that the next hard thing I encounter I will be empowered by my last accomplishment.

Our real measure of our relationship and faith in Christ is our ability to act based on what we don't know. It's the ability to stick with it even when we can't see our own way. It is in the not giving up and the tenacity to trust and know that God is with us and He is going to get us through. We grow in great faith when we focus on Christ instead of focusing on the path before us.

2 Corinthians 5:7 "We walk by faith and not by sight."

Adjust That Crown!

Jonna

Search This Blog